AcademicsMonday - Wednesday - Friday
Click images to view the Down Syndrome Academy Trifold Brochure.
- Classes are in session from 9:00am until 3:10pm with socializing time to follow.
- All participants are assessed when they enter the program and goals are developed based on the participant’s assessment results. Progress is continually measured throughout the year
- Students are grouped by their ability level. All classes have a maximum of 10:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Academic skills include reading, math & money counting/management, and hands-on science projects.
- Life skills include time management, social skills, music, relationships, and exercise, just to name a few.
- Students receive an hour of speech therapy each Friday with the speech therapist and they practice their exercises on Mondays and Wednesdays with our staff for 15 minutes prior to P.E.